[Twisted-web] Problem using formless with a deferred value

Gavrie Philipson gavrie at disksites.com
Mon Nov 8 11:56:41 MST 2004

Hi,

I am having a peculiar problem related to using a deferred value together with
Nevow's formless:
When trying to return a deferred value from a formless autocallable, no result
is returned to the browser even though the deferred does fire.

Attached is an example, based on the "formpost2.tac" example from the Nevow
distribution, that illustrates the problem: Submitting the form causes the
deferred to fire, but the browser hangs while waiting for the result (which
is never sent).

I have tested this with the latest Nevow version from Subversion (updated
today), together with both Twisted 1.3.0 and 1.1.0. The platform is Fedora
Core 1, with Python 2.3.2.

This deferred-with-formless functionality used to work for me using an older
version of Nevow (pre-0.1), but upgrading seems to have broken it.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this a bug in Twisted or Nevow?

Thanks,

-- Gavrie.