[Twisted-web] Nevow: directive("header")

Mary Gardiner twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:03:29 +1100

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004, Matt Goodall wrote:
> Are you trying to include "static" HTML as a header for the sequence
> or do you want the header to be generated using data that is only
> known at run time?

The latter.

My particular use-case is dynamically generated RSS feeds, where the
channel tag is the parent of the sequence, there are a bunch of header
tags (title of the feed, link to the feed and so on) and the item tags,
immediate children of the channel tag, are the sequence data.

The RSS pages are children of dynamically generated parents. The values
of the fields are known at request time, but are not static in the sense
you mean.

If this was HTML, I could perhaps wrap the sequence in a span or div
(<parent><head_child/><head_child/><span><sequence_item/><sequence_item/></span></parent>)
but the RSS spec doesn't have any convienient wrapper tags of that
nature.

-Mary