[Twisted-web] Re: Re: Log analysis

Alex Levy mesozoic at polynode.com
Tue Jun 22 15:43:34 MDT 2004

On 6/22/2004, "Mary Gardiner" <mary-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 22, 2004, Alex Levy wrote:
>> I've been using Webalizer for a long time to generate statistics on my
>> twisted.web logs, and it works very well. Do you use Moshe's
>> twisted-web package for Debian? On my server, it generates a perfectly
>> usable Apache-style access.log; there are plenty of tools available
>> for chewing those up.
>
>Unless there's something I'm missing, its impossible to distinguish hits
>to two virtual hosts though (unless you can manually distinguish them
>from the / onwards).

This _is_ true, although it seems that there is some discussion going on
about how to support this in new-web:

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/users/roundup.twistd/twisted/issue75

--
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
 -- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_