[Twisted-web] Re: How to configure quixote rtl?

Craig H. Anderson craig at coot.net
Fri Jun 11 09:06:14 MDT 2004

If I read just a little further on
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/using-twistedweb
I see the examples I need.  In my case I will be processing xxx.rtl files.

Modifying File Resources

File resources, be they root object or children thereof, have two important
attributes that often need to be modified: indexNames and processors.
indexNames determines which files are treated as index files -- served up
when a directory is rendered. processors determine how certain file
extensions are treated.

Here is an example for both, creating a site where all .rpy extensions are
Resource Scripts, and which renders directories by searching for a index.rpy
file.

from twisted.application import internet, service
from twisted.web import static, server, script

root = static.File("/var/www/htdocs")
root.indexNames=['index.rpy']
root.processors = {'.rpy': script.ResourceScript}
application = service.Application('web')
sc = service.IServiceCollection(application)
site = server.Site(root)
i = internet.TCPServer(80, site)
i.setServiceParent(sc)

File objects also have a method called ignoreExt. This method can be used to
give extension-less URLs to users, so that implementation is hidden. Here is
an example:

from twisted.application import internet, service
from twisted.web import static, server, script

root = static.File("/var/www/htdocs")
root.ignoreExt(".rpy")
root.processors = {'.rpy': script.ResourceScript}
application = service.Application('web')
sc = service.IServiceCollection(application)
site = server.Site(root)
i = internet.TCPServer(80, site)
i.setServiceParent(sc)

Now, a URL such as /foo might be served from a Resource Script called
foo.rpy, if no file by the name of foo exists.