[Twisted-web] Page navigation: a cry for help

Michal Pasternak twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:26:37 +0100

Hi,

please help me with this, I have no idea which approach will be the best.

The basic question is: if I have website, and that website's structure is
tree-like, how will be the most proper way to create navigation?

I'd like to have links to neighbour pages (pages on the same node), I'd like
to be able to get a list of pages on the "above" nodes.

As I have seen in t.w.resource.py:

    def putChild(self, path, child):
         """Register a static child.
         """
	 self.children[path] = child
         child.server = self.server

there is no chance I can get parent of a specific page, to provide navigation.

Do you have any methods or solutions for a good, easy woven page navigation
model?

--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl :: http://winsrc.sf.net
::don't use MySQL::details on http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html::