[Twisted-web] Permission to use library?

Nikolaos Krontiris twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:05:04 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C3D85C.AD224140

Hi there.
This is going to be a somewhat strange request but here goes...
I wrote a file transfer application which I want to copyright.
Only problem is, as you might imagine, it uses the twisted framework to =
do all the dirty sockets work. So, for this copyright to be filed =
properly, I need written permission from the authors of twisted.
I have read the license and I am also aware that there is not really =
just one "author" as such, since Twisted is a group of developers from =
all over ther world.
So, to make a long story short, could you please please please email me =
a signed written permission (scanned, obviously) so that I can go ahead =
with this copyright?
I guess it should say something like "We, the authors of the Twisted =
Framework give permission to Nikolaos Krontiris to use it as part of his =
work" or whatever you believe would be appropriate in such a case.
I know this is a hassle, but I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Nick.
------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C3D85C.AD224140

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>Hi there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>This is going to be a somewhat strange =
request but=20
here goes...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>I wrote a file transfer application =
which I want=20
to copyright.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>Only problem is,&nbsp;as you might =
imagine, it=20
uses the twisted framework to&nbsp;do all the dirty sockets work. So, =
for this=20
copyright to be filed properly, I need written permission from the =
authors=20
of&nbsp;twisted.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>I have read the license and I am also =
aware that=20
there is not really just one&nbsp;"author" as such, since Twisted =
is&nbsp;a=20
group of developers from all over ther world.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>So, to make a long story short, could =
you please=20
please please&nbsp;email me a&nbsp;signed written=20
permission&nbsp;(scanned,&nbsp;obviously) so that I can go ahead with =
this=20
copyright?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><FONT size=3D2>I guess it should say something =
like "We,=20
the authors of the&nbsp;Twisted Framework&nbsp;give permission to =
Nikolaos=20
Krontiris to use it as part of his work" or whatever you believe would =
be=20
appropriate in such a case.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>I know this is a hassle, but I would =
really=20
appreciate your help.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>Nick.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C3D85C.AD224140--