[Twisted-web] wmfactory not consistently executed

James Y Knight twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:19:23 -0500

On Jan 10, 2004, at 1:37 PM, Dean Skuldt wrote:
> It takes several tries for the error to occur.  Most often, the=20
> wmfactory
> method is executed, but once in a while it fails.  When I test it, I=20=

> issue
> requests in a browser about once a second. The following shows three=20=

> successes
> followed by one failure:
>
> I should also note that I wrote this test script to hone in on the=20
> problem.  In
> my original script I also used a wvupdate method which DID=20
> consistently execute
> for every request/response, but as with the test script the wmfactory=20=

> method
> didn't consistently execute.
>
> Has anyone experienced this?

I had all sorts of weird problems with the data caching in woven. I did=20=

try some workarounds, but never found one=A0I was happy with and that=20
worked quite properly. I don't recall ever seeing the problem with=20
wmfactory_ methods (just custom data objects), but I wouldn't be all=20
that surprised.

I've now moved to nevow, which doesn't cache data behind the scenes and=20=

thus doesn't have these problems.