[Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] Generate ids for form elements and use it to relate labels to form inputs.

Matt Goodall twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:06:24 +0000

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 07:46, James Y Knight wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2004, at 7:12 PM, mg CVS wrote:
> > Modified files:
> > Nevow/nevow/freeform.py 1.22 1.23
> > Nevow/nevow/test/test_freeform.py 1.10 1.11
> >
> > Log message:
> > Generate ids for form elements and use it to relate labels to form
> > inputs.
>
> Why doesn't this use context.key (+ a suffix perhaps) instead of a
> newly generated arbitrary number?

Yeah, of course. (/me makes note to stop coding late at night.) Building
the id from the key also gives predictable names for use in JavaScript.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall <matt@pollenation.net>