[Twisted-web] adbapi/Nevow Question

Ed Suominen general at eepatents.com
Tue Dec 28 03:11:48 MST 2004

Using twisted.enterprise.adbapi and Nevow, I am rendering a big table of
entries from one SQL table, each of which has table cells that can
contain multiple entries from another SQL table. I have some stan code
working for the top-level entries with a top-level
render=directive("sequence"), but am wondering how to go about
rendering the table-within-a-cell for the second-level entries.

Can sequence directives be nested, or would I have to manually run the
second-level SQL queries in some sort of fire-and-wait-for-the-deferred
iteration from within the render_ method of the top-level sequence? The
latter sounds like it would be very difficult to keep from blocking.

Thanks for any help. I am finding Nevow to be fascinating and powerful,
but very difficult to understand and use.

-Ed Suominen