[Twisted-web] Re: [Nevow-commits] r952 - adding documentation for inevow.ISession

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:43:02 MST 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:45:34 +0100, Andrea Arcangeli
<andrea at cpushare.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 08:34:38PM +0000, Matt Goodall wrote:
> >         class I(Guard|Cred)Session(ISession):
> >             pass
>
> The way I think at a session is the value of the cookie, same cookie
> same session. I don't see any difference between guard/cred/whatever
> session as far as the cookie remains the same and effectively the
> session is the same. So I'm not convinced that it makes much sense to
> split the session at the nevow layer if the session is still the same on
> the wire (i.e. http cookie).

The difference is about extra cruft that we need to add because of
guard like portalLogout, or setResourceForPortal (which is not in
IGuardSession currently).

As you may agree those methods have nothing to to with 'pure' ISession
which has uid, expire, touch and such.

Logically those are the only real session methods.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running MacOS X 10.3.6