[Twisted-web] Cache-friendly Nevow pages

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Sun Aug 8 15:03:46 MDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004, James Y Knight wrote:
> I don't understand the issue with using stan? Why can't you use the
> server start time?

Because in practice I restart it about as often as Google recrawls my
site (the code base is still moving), and Google is a major reason I
want to send 304s.

In any case, I've set it up so it uses the docFactory's ._mtime
attribute if available and the server start time if not. In my case,
since there's an advantage to using the template modified time I'm using
file templates. (Also I didn't know they dynamically reloaded!)

-Mary