[Twisted-web] nested nevow:data?

Jeff Bowden jlb at houseofdistraction.com
Mon Aug 2 11:36:40 MDT 2004

Should it be possible to nest nevow:data declarations in a template?  E.g.

    <head><title>Order <nevow:slot name="order_number"/></title></head>
      <h1>Order <nevow:slot name="order_number"/></h1>
      <ul nevow:data="order_items" nevow:render="sequence">
        <li nevow:pattern="item" nevow:render="mapping">
           ... slots and stuff
        </li>
       </ul>

When I do this I get a big long stack trace rooted in
nevow/accessors.py.  It works fine if I remove the outer
nevow:data="order" (and dummy up a static fillSlots call for
"order_number" in render_order).  It also works if I remove the inner
section.

I can work around the problem by putting the nevow:data="order"
declaration  in multiple places but it would be handy if I didn't have
to.  Is this a bug or is it by design?