[Twisted-web] RE: Re: Twisted & legacy code - Unorthodox? Opinion s wanted

Alex Levy mesozoic at polynode.com
Sat Apr 24 02:06:36 MDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 03:47, Harald.Nyman at AstraZeneca.com wrote:
> Ok ok, I give in - yes, it's a hack, and no, it doesn't make optimal
> use of Twisted. Full confession. Still, I'd humbly like my obituary
> to mention that it was a little bit of a "clever" hack - couple days
> to put an afterburner on that ole CGI code... :)

Did you hear the Darwin Awards story about the guy who strapped a jet
engine onto his old car and took it for a ride? He crashed into the side
of a cliff in the middle of the desert. I think, given the situation you
described earlier, this analogy is very apt.

Sometimes it's better to invest a bit more and just get an F/A-18. ;)

> Have started to look at Nevow (howz that pronounced anyway??) - looks
> interesting!

'Nouveau'. It's actually a pun on the previous Twisted web framework,
which was called 'Woven'. Welcome to the community. There is no escape.

--
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org/

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
-- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_