[Twisted-web] Naming the split.

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue Apr 20 08:09:04 MDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 10:34, Andy Gayton wrote:
> Thomas Mangin wrote:
>
> > I am a boring fart and I always though that names should be as explicit
> > as possible.
>
> I find high level unusual names tend to be more explicit than
> conventional names as they avoid clashing with heavily overloaded terms.
>
> Compare:
>
> 'How are you getting on with that refactor of news/web/docs/ssh/callback?'
>
> with
>
> 'How are you getting on with that refactor of lowdown/<cool
> name>/lore/conch/deferred?'
>
> It helps projects and key concepts take on easily relatable personalities.

It also helps when searching for information on the internet. "twisted
web" is gonna get lots of results. "twisted unwound", "twisted
charlotte", etc will give much better results.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
w: http://www.pollenation.net
e: matt at pollenation.net

Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the
views of my employer.