[Twisted-web] Splitting twisted-web from core twisted.

Stephen Thorne stephen at thorne.id.au
Sat Apr 17 05:16:02 MDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 04:06:50AM -0700, David Reid wrote:
> Yes twisted-web ('-' no '.', probably tweb for module names, unless
> someone comes up with a better name) will still be a Twisted product,
> will have it's own release cycle, and own documentation.

It'd be really nice to have a good name for twisted-web++

Consider this a call for suggestions. Please present any names you think
may be appropriate. If we don't find one, we'll just have to use 'tweb'
or 'web' or something.

it'd be nice to follow the wonderful free-association schema that
twisted has used in the past, jelly/banana, names, words, pair, trial,
enterprise, cred, conch.

A suggestion I gave the other day was 'silk', but there's already a
python-intarweb project that uses 'silk' in its naming, and its on
sourceforge (with one developer and no files! but also registered in the
last 60 days).

Regards,
Stephen Thorne