[Twisted-web] Flamebait

Jonathan Vanasco jvanasco at mastersofbranding.com
Thu Apr 15 11:54:25 MDT 2004

I couldn't think of a better title for this question...

Does anyone have any benchmarking stats on Twisted/TwistedWeb/Nevow in
comparison to Apache's mod_perl, mod_python or (gasp) php for general
tasks?

You know, basic stuff like serving static pages, generating dynamic
pages out of thin air, and generating dynamic pages off of parsed
templates.

I haven't seen comparison figures anywhere.  I assume twisted stacks up
impressively -- when I noticed template files being read each page
generation, I started to think about efficiency, disk access and
caching -- and hoped there were some numbers that could educate me.