[Twisted-web] Seeking more examples

Ellers andrew at ellerton.net
Fri Apr 9 02:49:58 MDT 2004

>> I'd like to write a messageboard-like website/application in twisted.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> I was hoping that someone on this list could point me to some more examples that I can learn from -- everything that I've seen so far has focused on one or two pages, and I'm trying to figure out how to have multiple page types and more info.
>
> The ultimate example of using nevow is Quotient. Unfortunately, it's probably not the easiest to follow.

I think it would be awesome to have a directory of examples that build up from crawling, to walking then running with twisted/nevow. Twisted/nevow is something much more powerful than, say, Perl's CGI.pm but that package is very easy to learn, to see what it can do, how to use it, etc. Examples using CGI.pm are at: http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/CGI/examples/

Aside from being great for beginners, there is another great benefit to lots of small and medium examples. A framework built for one application tends can be a bit myopic. If there are lots of little examples, each showing how to do one element cleanly and clearly, the framework will probably need to bend a little (or a lot!) and everyone will benefit.

I'm still a beginner with Twisted/Nevow and, if I can figure it out, I'd love to contribute some examples. In the meantime I want to flag it as something that would be cool and worth the effort.

And again thanks to everyone who has been helping me with my queries so far :)

Ellers