[Twisted-web] Seeking more examples

Donovan Preston dp at ulaluma.com
Thu Apr 8 14:25:05 MDT 2004

On Apr 8, 2004, at 3:20 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> I'd like to write a messageboard-like website/application in twisted.
>
> I've been going through the Calendar example from nevow.com, and the
> bannerfish example from itamarst.org - trying to get an understanding
> to begin with.
>
> I was hoping that someone on this list could point me to some more
> examples that I can learn from -- everything that I've seen so far has
> focused on one or two pages, and I'm trying to figure out how to have
> multiple page types and more info.

The ultimate example of using nevow is Quotient. Unfortunately, it's
probably not the easiest to follow. To orient you should you decide to
look at the code, all URLs are expressed in the form /me/123 where 123
is the unique identifier of an object in a database. The database is
'atop', an object database, so attempting to visit that page will load
the corresponding object from the DB. Then, an IResource adapter is
located for that object. So, you can look at any of the IResource
adapters (registered in webcomponents.wsv) for examples of multiple
Page types.

For some simpler examples, the apps which come to mind are Matt
Goodall's pastebin, and Alex Levy's CMS (does it have a name?). Perhaps
they could share some code or links.

As always, please drop by #twisted.web on irc.freenode.net and ask
questions freely. There is a high likelihood that someone will be happy
to answer your questions and have a technical discussion with you. If
nobody answers immediately, idle for a couple of hours... someone
should answer eventually :-)

dp