[Twisted-web] Nouvelle- like nevow, but simpler

twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:30:25 -0700

Hi Everybody,

I recently wrote a small web package which is quite similar
to nevow, but has a few key differences. For lack of a better
name, I call it Nouvelle. You can find the source code in a
Subversion repository at:

   http://navi.cx/svn/misc/trunk/cia/Nouvelle

The module's doc string includes an explanation of Nouvelle's
biggest differences as compared to nevow:

   http://navi.cx/svn/misc/trunk/cia/Nouvelle/__init__.py

The guts of Nouvelle are all in Serial.py, which has
functionality similar to nevow's "stan". Table.py includes
a neat abstraction for representing tabular data. Twisted.py
and BaseHTTP.py are both glue modules that make it easy to
use Nouvelle with twisted.web and BaseHTTPServer, respectively.
Nouvelle itself doesn't have any dependencies other than python's
standard library.

I wrote Nouvelle for the CIA Bot web site, nothing more. You can
see it in action at:

   http://cia.navi.cx

The source code for that web site is all at:

   http://navi.cx/svn/misc/trunk/cia/LibCIA/Web/

Please note that this isn't meant as a challenge to the nevow
developers, or to offend them- it's just an exercise in developing
a nevow-like system with as little code as possible and a few
different design decisions. I don't expect anyone else to use it,
I just figured the inhabitants of this list might find it interesting.

--Micah

--
Only you can prevent creeping featurism!