[Twisted-web] Q: Hidden field in TypedInterface?

Christopher Armstrong twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:28:54 -0500

Samuel Reynolds wrote:
> I'm just not accustomed to REST addressing yet.
> Gotta get my head turned around.

I wouldn't call this REST :-)

> I guess what I need to do is figure out how to handle
>    .../17 (view entry)
>    .../17/edit (return edit form)
>    .../17/update (process edit form submission)

You don't need /17/update; /17/edit will submit to
/17/edit/freeform_post:whatever (or something like that).

>    .../17/delete (process delete submission), and
>    .../new (process new object submission)
> or the equivalent. (17 is just a representative ID).

Just implement a bunch of child_edit, _delete, _new, etc to return the
appropriate resources for handling such things.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/