[Twisted-web] Woven Input Problem cont.

Donovan Preston twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:01:01 -0500

On Dec 16, 2003, at 2:35 AM, <orya@bgumail.bgu.ac.il> wrote:

> 1. Thank you for your answer, where do i need to cache the data of
> setData()?
> 2. If i want to use getData() to retrieve data from a remote server,
> present it on an input field and then change it and submit
> using setData() am i expected to encounter the same problem? how can i
> avoid it?

In the IModel instance which represents "0". Implementing IModel
yourself properly can be very tricky; I instead recommending using
twisted.web.woven.MethodModel, which can help with dealing with
deferred callbacks by handling a lot of it automatically.

Woven's Deferred handling support is not very good. It is very
convoluted, difficult to use, and buggy. If you need to develop a web
application which deals with a lot of Deferreds, I recommend you use
nevow, which is like woven 2.0. It was designed from the ground up to
be easier to use and to be capable of dealing with deferreds properly.

dp