[Twisted-web] First Post?

Christopher Armstrong twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:12:40 -0500

Travis B. Hartwell wrote:
> Does this make sense?  Is this a better way of doing this sort of
> thing?  If this is reasonable, what is the best way to do this with
> Nevow?  Thanks for the help!

This is almost exactly what Plonk_ does. It uses the filesystem for
storage, allows through-the-web editing (especially useful if you have
Mozex), and allows you to use ReST or HTML.  The only thing it doesn't
support is (automatic handling of) submenus. You can have arbitrarily
deep pages nested within each other, though, and each page lists its
children (if you support that in your template, anyway). I'm in the
process of rewriting Plonk to use Nevow, and I might try to implement
your submenu thing. I'm also working on some features for saph_ to use
in her upcoming website_, like better blog features and image gallery stuff.

.. _Plonk: http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/Code/Plonk/
.. _saph: http://saph.deviantart.com/
.. _website: http://saph.twistedmatrix.com/

disclaimer: I don't really think Plonk is the best at what it does. I
made it because I'm too stubborn to use anything but Twisted, and to
help my non-technical friends do what they want. In that regard, its
sole purpose is featuritis.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/