[Twisted-Python] towncrier releases 19.9.0 and 21.3.0rc1

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Fri Mar 26 07:18:37 MDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I am announcing 2 twisted releases.

This is a bit more complicated than normal since 19.9.0rc1 was never
followed by a non-RC release.

You can see a detailed checklist and discussion of this in #313 [0].

Relative to 19.9.0rc1, 19.9.0 contains a few readme fixes and the news
fragments processed into the news file.

19.9.0 artifacts have been created [1] and 19.9.0 publishing is being
held until after 21.3.0 to avoid a somewhat pointless intermediate step
for developers that are using 'the latest non-pre release on PyPI'
(presently 19.2.0).
  No real need for someone to get 19.9.0 now just to see 21.3.0 available
next week.  The news for 21.3.0 is available for review [2].

21.3.0rc1 has been published and is open for a week for feedback before
21.3.0 is planned to be released.

There are remaining bugs and important features.  But, it took long
enough to get to this point that I consider it important to get
something out.  Several people are waiting patiently [3].  As we find
time to design and address the remaining issues, hopefully we can manage
more frequent releases.

Please do let me know of any issues you find that are not already
documented.  Or, if any of the documented ones should really be release
blockers.  I sure hope we can get this out though.  :]

Cheers,
-kyle

[0]: https://github.com/twisted/towncrier/issues/313
[1]: