[Twisted-Python] automat question

Chris Withers chris at withers.org
Mon Mar 15 02:18:54 MDT 2021

On 09/03/2021 18:53, Glyph wrote:

>> On Mar 9, 2021, at 3:18 AM, Chris Withers <chris at withers.org
>> <mailto:chris at withers.org>> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure we're quite on the same page: I'm not looking to inspect
>> the state, but more be notified when certain edges are traversed.
>
> The way you get notified when an edge is traversed is you add an output
> to that edge :).

Right, but as best I can tell, outputs in automat have to be defined as
part of the state machine class, I need targets only available after
class instantiation to be notified.

> Again... have outputs.  I think there's something you're leaving out
> about how you want to have some /generalized/ output, but without
> knowing a bit more it's hard to say how it could help more :).

I think it's what I said above. TBH, I'm probably going to end up
writing "yet another state machine class" that does just what I need,
but I think that's okay - not everything has to work for every situation :-)

cheers,

Chris