[Twisted-Python] Probot app to automatically delete merged branches

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Sat Mar 13 11:41:13 MST 2021

On 2021-03-13 10:40, Adi Roiban wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 at 14:29, Kyle Altendorf <sda at fstab.net> wrote:
>
> On 2021-03-13 08:22, Adi Roiban wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Do you see anything bad in enabling the delete-merged-branch app for twisted/twisted ?
> https://probot.github.io/apps/delete-merged-branch/
>
> There's a checkbox for this.  Unless I'm missing something?
> https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/managing-the-automatic-deletion-of-branches

Great. Thank for the info.

So, new question: Should we enable the automatic deletion for
twisted/twisted?

I suppose I could have responded to the underlying question as well...
I do have deletion enabled in my repos.  I don't really like that you
lose the references in git though.  As long as you stick with GitHub you
do have the PR's as a record and from them you can recover the
associated branch.

I do it but don't super care.  Hopefully someone else does.

Cheers,
-kyle