[Twisted-Python] Post Release updates

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Mon Mar 1 09:57:56 MST 2021

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 2:38 AM Hynek Schlawack <hs at ox.cx> wrote:

> FWIW, I think it’s common (aka _I_ do it that way) that .post are indeed
> post-releases like a documentation update that doesn’t warrant a proper
> update. PEP 440 specifies it and RTD has good support for that. E.g.
> https://www.attrs.org/en/17.3.0.post2/
>
> IIRC Twisted doesn’t bump before the release, which makes this whole
> workflow unfeasible? But it’s something to keep in mind when deciding.

I had some questions about PEP440, so I asked for feedback from Łukasz
Langa who provided it here:

https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1514#issuecomment-788059407

Basically  Łukasz's feedback was that doing this:

21.2.0.rc1
21.2.0     (this is the release)
21.2.0.post0

is OK.   So in PR 1514, I went with that.

Unfortunately, I ran into a bug in Twisted incremental:

    File "/tmp/pip-req-build-zvf8johl/src/twisted/__init__.py", line 11, in
<module>
      from twisted._version import __version__ as version
    File "/tmp/pip-req-build-zvf8johl/src/twisted/_version.py", line 10, in
<module>
      __version__ = Version("Twisted", 21, 2, 0, post=0)
  TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'post'

I might need some help to get a fix into incremental and push that out
later today,
so I can complete PR 1514.

--
Craig