[Twisted-Python] Post Release updates

Hynek Schlawack hs at ox.cx
Mon Mar 1 03:37:58 MST 2021

> On 28. Feb 2021, at 21:42, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> And we have not yet decided if the trunk should be using `.dev` or .post` :(
>
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9542
>
> I am +1 for .post1  ... as it has the semantic of a post release version.
> while .dev0 is a pre-release.

FWIW, I think it’s common (aka _I_ do it that way) that .post are indeed post-releases like a documentation update that doesn’t warrant a proper update. PEP 440 specifies it and RTD has good support for that. E.g. https://www.attrs.org/en/17.3.0.post2/

IIRC Twisted doesn’t bump before the release, which makes this whole workflow unfeasible? But it’s something to keep in mind when deciding.