[Twisted-Python] Enable pre-commit.ci for twisted/twisted

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jul 15 17:08:33 MDT 2021

> On Jul 15, 2021, at 7:35 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> Can you elaborate on this a little bit?  First time contributors won't be able to push a branch to twisted/twisted.  Does giving pre-commit.ci <http://pre-commit.ci/> write access to twisted/twisted also give it write access to forks of twisted/twisted?  Or maybe only to branches in forks with PRs targeting twisted/twisted?

I believe so.  As a Twisted contributor you can actually push to branches of any user targeting a PR in Twisted.  I'm pretty sure repo:write for a github app grants the app similar access to a human org member.

I can't remember the exact mechanics of how this is configured, but I think that it's a side-effect of the "Require branches to be up to date before merging" setting being enabled, because that setting adds the "update branch" button to out-of-date PRs which implicitly gives the org push permission.

-g