[Twisted-Python] Twisted 21.7.0 Pre-Release Announcement

Adi Roiban adiroiban at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 04:29:34 MDT 2021

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 at 00:49, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Thank you Adi!  Very glad to see us collectively getting back on the
> release-management horse again!  And it was super encouraging to see how
> quickly you were able to get this out, with all the automation that
> everyone (not least of all yourself) has been building to make this process
> faster and simpler.
>
> It appears we've buried the lede on one of our biggest features in this
> release though - https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1448/files had
> no newsfile that shows up in the changelog, but it properly made Deferred
> into a generic, so I think this is the first release of Twisted where you
> might *reasonably* be able to use mypy without your own custom stub
> files! :)

Thanks Glyph and Thomas and Tom for the release notes feedback.

I was thinking that 21.7.0  is ready for the final review.

PR at https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1614

I am doing some fast-tracking here (as I now have some time)

But while writing this email, the python 3.8 and 3.9 version on GitHub VMs
were updates and we now have broken tests in trunk and in the release branch

The release blocking ticket was created at
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/10230

Please see if you can help with unlocking the release.
Thomas is already helping.
Either fix the issue, or decide if it's ok to release with this issue.

There was also another minor idna pypy update release blocker that was
already fixed by Thomas.

I was planning to push the final release on Saturday 17 of July, to allow
for a full 1 week of feedback for the release candidate.

---------

There is also a PR for updating the release docs -
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1616

Regards
--
Adi Roiban