[Twisted-Python] Twisted 21.7.0 Pre-Release Announcement

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jul 10 17:49:15 MDT 2021

Thank you Adi!  Very glad to see us collectively getting back on the release-management horse again!  And it was super encouraging to see how quickly you were able to get this out, with all the automation that everyone (not least of all yourself) has been building to make this process faster and simpler.

It appears we've buried the lede on one of our biggest features in this release though - https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1448/files <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1448/files> had no newsfile that shows up in the changelog, but it properly made Deferred into a generic, so I think this is the first release of Twisted where you might reasonably be able to use mypy without your own custom stub files! :)

-g