[Twisted-Python] IRC still alive?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Tue Jul 6 02:06:17 MDT 2021

Hi,

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 01:48, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On July 5, 2021 at 4:44:26 PM, Adi Roiban (adi at roiban.ro) wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 00:02, Tom Most <twm at freecog.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Adi,
>>>
>>> IRC has moved to Libera.Chat <https://libera.chat/> due to the Freenode
>>> implosion <https://lwn.net/Articles/857140/>. The channel names are the
>>> same --- #twisted, #twisted-dev, #twisted.web.
>>>
>>> ---Tom
>>>

>> Thanks for the info.
>>
>> I guess that the website can be updated to no longer mention freenode -
>> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/
>>
> That, and kenaan needs to be reconfigured to point at the new network.
> Please scrub any mention of freenode that you find from the docs & website.

I am updating wiki as no review is required.

I have updated the wiki to point to #twisted-dev instead of #twisted-admin
. I think that we no longer need a separate admin channel and Twisted
admins can join #twisted-dev

I will look at create a PR for the remaining doc and setup.cfg/pypi
Or if anyone wants to do that, I am happy to review :)

This looks like a good reason to trigger a new release.

>> Is there a web log?
>>
> Not yet, but feel free to set one up.

Does anyone know any software as a service IRC logger?

Otherwise, I think that `kenaan` can be updated to record the logs to a
simple TXT file one per day and server those files via HTTP.
It will not be very useful but at least there is some sort of record that
can be referenced from a ticket of a PR.

>> Cheers
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2021, at 3:45 PM, Adi Roiban wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Only now I had time to check the Twisted IRC channel and it looks like
>>> the channels are no longer registered ... and the IRC bot is not recording
>>> the logs.
>>>
>>> Should we continue to use IRC or move to gitter or something else that
>>> has history and offline messages by default?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> --
>>> Adi Roiban

Adi Roiban