[Twisted-Python] Questions about Project Leadership committee

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Jan 24 02:24:25 MST 2021

Hi,

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 04:29, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On January 23, 2021 at 6:10:04 PM, Craig Rodrigues (rodrigc at crodrigues.org)
> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 4:54 PM Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> At the time the committee was created, I don’t remember if this was
>>> public, so I don’t feel comfortable sharing identities publicly because it
>>> wasn’t part of the deal at the time. This is not the way I’d structure
>>> things now, but given that several members are unresponsive and don’t seem
>>> to want to be associated with the project any more, I can’t ask them if
>>> it’s OK with them. If you can find any old public documentation feel free
>>> to share though; the issue is that I’m not sure it *has* been public. If it
>>> has, it can by all means remain public.
>>>
>>> I can at least share that as I recall there are 6 members and I’m one of
>>> them. But you’d want to confirm this with the conservancy, so please join
>>> Adi’s private thread with them for further discussion.
>>>

>> Thanks for the clarification.
>> Have you recently contacted the 5 other committee members to confirm if
>> they want to remain on the committee or not,
>> and either received confirmation (or feedback timeout)?
>>
> Not recently although I’ve reached out several times in the past. I have
> no plans to reach out again until someone has worked out with the SFC what
> our options are and proposed a concrete plan.

I was in contact with SFC over IRC.

The first thing that someone need to do is send a message to
twisted at sfconservancy.org

Only after no response is received in time (I don't know how long that
is...maybe 3 weeks) we can contact SFC and they
will allocate extra resources to help solve this issue.

I have not sent a message to that list.
For now, I don't plan to do it.
I feel there is no consensus across the current active Twisted developers.

I encourage anyone else who wants to do it, to send the message to
twisted at sfconservancy.org

Good luck
--
Adi Roiban