[Twisted-Python] reactor for Linux io_uring

Ian Haywood ian at haywood.id.au
Sun Jan 10 17:42:37 MST 2021

On 8/01/2021 7:23 am, Glyph wrote:

> The mess of ctypes stuff

unclear what you mean: either the aio implementation or statx.py

> seems somewhat irrelevant to the "asynchronous filesystem" part of
> this PR - do you think you could do a smaller version of this which
> decouples it from smb and ctypes?
but yes both can be spun out easily, so it's just the interface and a
plain portable threads-based implementation. Where in the twisted tree
should the interface and implementation go?
> (It would also be nice to have an interface that acts as an IProducer
> to integrate more natively with Twisted's support for backpressure
> rather than only having a custom readChunk method.  I think readChunk
> is still necessary for completeness since you need to be able to seek
> and offset, though.)

certainly will look at this. It fits well with FTP's filesystem
interaction.

Ian