[Twisted-Python] Plan/Goal for GitHub Sponsors

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Jan 3 17:29:17 MST 2021

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 23:36, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> You can’t fundraise for a job opening that you haven’t cleared with the
> SFC as mission-aligned and properly transparent; this could get them in
> trouble with the IRS. You’ll need to clear this by writing a grant proposal
> and having it approved first. Please delete this posting from the sponsors
> page as soon as you can, since even posting to this list probably
> constitutes public advertising.

Hi,

I have remove the info.
The fundraising was never active. This was still WIP waiting for some
format approval.

I think that I have mentioned that I have no intention to apply for any of
these jobs and only volunteer to bootstrap this process.

I hope nobody will get into any trouble by my actions.

To me it makes no sense.
How can the IRS think that SFC is at fault for a public message posted by
me, someone with no affiliation to Twisted or SFC ?

Cheers

--
Adi Roiban