[Twisted-Python] Twisted 21.2.0rc1 Release Candidate Announcement

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun Feb 28 00:38:48 MST 2021

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 7:03 PM Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 5:30 AM Richard van der Hoff <richard at matrix.org>
> wrote:
>
>> As it happens, it also fails (for an import of typing.Deque) on Python
>> 3.5.3, as used by Debian oldstable.
>>
>> Craig, what is your intention here? I think it's ok to drop support for
>> these ancient versions of Python 3.5, but please could you make sure that
>> python_requires gets set to 3.5.10 if that's what's been tested against?
>>

> Sigh.  I can confirm that typing.Deque does not import on Python 3.5.2.
>
> I took an inventory of our CI, and realized that the minimum version we
> are testing is *3.5.4* on Azure.
>
> Can you review this which bumps the minimum version to Python 3.5.4:
> https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1525
>
> Once I get that in, I will cherry pick it to the release branch and push
> out the 21.2.0 release.

Richard,

As you can see by this review comment:
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1525#issuecomment-786965737

Thomas Grainger and Adi Roiban have worked together to bump up the minimum
Python version to 3.5.3 for this
release ( https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1524 ), and are not
approving the PR that I have submitted
in PR 1525.  Even though you approved PR 1525, I cannot merge it because
only PR reviews by people with
write access to the Twisted repo can be merged to the Twisted repo.

I am going to proceed with the release as-is with Python 3.5.3 as the
minimum version.  I hope that is OK for your needs.

--
Craig