[Twisted-Python] Twisted trunk and klein?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Thu Feb 11 14:15:47 MST 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 19:26, Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <wsanchez at wsanchez.net>
wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2021, at 3:44 PM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>

> This isn't even a bug in Klein, it's an issue with a version pin in its
> tox.ini:
> https://github.com/twisted/klein/blob/6e7b37158dea2fe73180809803a872ed98143c6d/tox.ini#L36
>

> The constraints from requests (<3,>=2.5) and hyperlink (>=2.5) are
> perfectly compatible; one's just a subset of the other.
>

>   Sure, they are compatible, but Klein doesn’t use requests directly, and
> this only looks to be failing in trunk.
>
>   My concern here is that Twisted may have added a dependency on requests,
> and that dependency means that if you want IDNA==3.1, as Klein’s tox.ini
> does, that you aren’t allowed to.  That seems weak; I’d say a bug.  No?

I have created a new virtual env and executed `pip install .` on trunk.

It installed the following packages:

constantly, zope.interface, attrs, incremental, six, Automat, idna,
hyperlink, Twisted

------------

`requests` was not installed.

I wasn't expecting to see `idna` as it is listed as TLS only deps.... but
it looks like hyperlink depends on idna.

Here is the dep tree

$ pipdeptree -fl
Twisted @ file:///home/adi/dev/twisted
  attrs==20.3.0
  Automat==20.2.0
    attrs==20.3.0
    six==1.15.0
  constantly==15.1.0
  hyperlink==21.0.0
    idna==3.1
  incremental==17.5.0
  zope.interface==5.2.0
    setuptools==44.0.0
wheel==0.36.2

------------

I guess that we can remove idna from setup.cfg TLS section in Twisted

tls =
    pyopenssl >= 16.0.0
    # service_identity 18.1.0 added support for validating IP addresses in
    # certificate subjectAltNames
    service_identity >= 18.1.0
    idna >= 2.4

Cheers