[Twisted-Python] Upcoming Twisted Release

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Feb 2 09:34:55 MST 2021

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 11:27 AM Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So, speaking for myself here and not representing the Twisted community or
> anyone else.

Thanks for making this clear that you are speaking for yourself and no one
else.

> * A release blocker bug - https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/10069

For this particular bug, I have been working on getting feedback from Tom
Most,
under https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1502 and am working on a fix
to incorporate his feedback.
This some central code is in base.py, and I am proceeding cautiously to
make sure that I fully understand Tom's
concern  and am working on a  fix.

I apologize if I have not been working fast enough on this release to your
satisfaction.

I will attempt to communicate better on this list my progress.

I didn't want to bring this up on the mailing list.
I will take your behavior as enthusiasm for the project, but despite the
e-mail that Glyph sent,
I still find your behavior very aggressive (and unappreciated).  In your
e-mail you are
throwing out timelines, which may be "friendly suggestions" on your part,
but can come across as deadlines/ultimatums.

For now, I am focusing on the final issue, and will proceed with the
release as best as I am able,
and communicate to the Twisted community my progress.

--
Craig