[Twisted-Python] Moving the Twisted-Python and Twisted-Web mailing lists too Python mailman3

Thomas Grainger tagrain at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 02:10:23 MDT 2021

A forwarding alias seems the best choice. twisted at python.org is indeed cool

> Do we have a way to get our pipermail archive URLs (which are linked in tickets, in source code, etc) to redirect to the fancy new hyperkitty interface, or should those just be static HTML?  (I'm kinda fine with either, honestly, although the former would be nice if we can manage it easily.)
I think the redirects would be fairly easy as the URL structure is the same

> I am happy to coordinate off-list about a secure way to exchange these data files (or anyone with administrator access to Dornkirk can just do it directly).  Please send the announcement of the new address here first so we know when to cut over posting, and so that folks aren't surprised to see a new list-id.

I can do magic wormhole

> (At this point I think I'm happy to just nuke twisted-web as part of this migration; we can keep the archive up as static HTML for posterity, but it's mostly unused at this point, and the distinction doesn't make sense.)

I actually think it's better to move twisted-web first and see what it
looks, then mess about there with redirects, then do the main mailing
list. I think the redirects would be fairly easy as the URL structure
is the same

Thomas Grainger