[Twisted-Python] startTLS errors not propagating to Factory

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Apr 29 16:27:00 MDT 2021

> On Apr 29, 2021, at 3:09 AM, Richard van der Hoff <richard at matrix.org> wrote:
> Right! That sounds plausible, and certainly gives me some places to poke. I'll have another look later. Thanks very much!

Glad to help. Looking forward to the resolution on this!

For what it's worth: it may also be useful to explicitly account for the Connector object in the transport.startTLS subsystem, it would be good to have the same reason object delivered in both places.  So fixing the SMTP code isn't necessarily the only path forward here.

-g