[Twisted-Python] Retry: Conch Issues

Robert DiFalco robert.difalco at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:15:15 MDT 2020

I am having troubles with Conch. I've been able to reproduce them in a unit
test and all the code is here along with requirements.txt:
   https://github.com/radifalco/conch_issues

I'm trying to reuse my connection, but if it is idle too long the server
shuts it down. What I don't understand is why the next call to
`FileTransferClient` does not call back or errback? It will just hang
forever even though the Factory and Transport know the connection was
closed (as evidenced by the log messages).

I don't ever want to hang, if I use FileTransferClient I would like it
always call a callback or errback. I feel like Conch is missing a deferred
somewhere but damned if I can find it.

Thanks!