[Twisted-Python] Pycodestyle disabled in trunk, time to enable black?

Tom Most twm at freecog.net
Sat Sep 12 01:05:53 MDT 2020

I created a PR without them here: https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1380

> I guess whenever black is merged to trunk, then a follow-up PR to update `.git-blame-ignore-devs` would be required?

I think merging that PR should involve immediately running tox -e black-reformat, isort, committing the result, and adding that commit to .git-blame-ignore-revs. Those two commits should be pushed directly to trunk.

They can then proceed to push formatting commits to the open PR branches where that is possible. I went through all of these and dealt with the conflicts a while back.

I'd like to get this in this weekend.

---Tom