[Twisted-Python] Request for new Twisted release?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Mon Oct 12 10:31:05 MDT 2020

On Sunday, October 4, 2020, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 5:14 PM Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>

>> Absolutely OK with me.  More than OK.  Please do this!  I can't wait
>> until we have the level of automation you've been working on for
>> *anybody* to cut the release.  I take it this means you'll officially be
>> the release manager for 20.10.0?
>>
>> Let me know if you need any more permission bits to make progress.
>>

> If it is OK with Amber and you, then yes, I can officially be the release
> manager for the next Twisted release,
> which will be 20.10.0.
>
> I need help with the following:
>
> *Incremental*
> I'd like to get these patches into Incremental and deploy a new
> Incremental release:
>
>    - https://github.com/twisted/incremental/pull/60 , Make the output of
>    Incremental compatible with black
>    - https://github.com/twisted/incremental/pull/62 , Make dev, rc, post
>    releases compatible with PEP440
>

> *PyPI*
>
> I used this GitHub Action to push to PyPI:
>
>       uses: pypa/gh-action-pypi-publish at v1.4.1
>       with:
>         user: __token__
>         password: ${{ secrets.pypi_password }}
>         verbose: true
>
> I can confirm that this GitHub Action works, and it tries to push to PyPI:
>
> https://github.com/twisted/twisted/runs/1204812301?check_suite_focus=true
>
> It failed because the token does not exist.
>
> *What I need*
>
>    1. a GitHub Secret named pypi_password , which contains a token which
>    will allow me to upload to PyPI
>    2. a GitHub Secret named test_pypi_password, which contains a token
>    which will allow me to upload to test.pypi.org
>

> Thanks.

Glyph/Amber,

Can you help with this?

1.  Need to merge changes to github.com/twisted/incremental and push out a
new version.
2.  Need to generate a token at https://pypi.org/project/Twisted to permit
uploads
3.  Need to store token from 2. as a GitHub Secret named pypi_password in
github.com/twisted/twisted

I don’t have permissions to do these things.

—
Craig