[Twisted-Python] Request for new Twisted release?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun Oct 4 12:15:30 MDT 2020

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 5:14 PM Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Absolutely OK with me.  More than OK.  Please do this!  I can't wait until
> we have the level of automation you've been working on for *anybody* to
> cut the release.  I take it this means you'll officially be the release
> manager for 20.10.0?
>
> Let me know if you need any more permission bits to make progress.

If it is OK with Amber and you, then yes, I can officially be the release
manager for the next Twisted release,
which will be 20.10.0.

I need help with the following:

*Incremental*
I'd like to get these patches into Incremental and deploy a new Incremental
release:

   - https://github.com/twisted/incremental/pull/60 , Make the output of
   Incremental compatible with black
   - https://github.com/twisted/incremental/pull/62 , Make dev, rc, post
   releases compatible with PEP440

*PyPI*

I used this GitHub Action to push to PyPI:

      uses: pypa/gh-action-pypi-publish at v1.4.1
      with:
        user: __token__
        password: ${{ secrets.pypi_password }}
        verbose: true

I can confirm that this GitHub Action works, and it tries to push to PyPI:

https://github.com/twisted/twisted/runs/1204812301?check_suite_focus=true

It failed because the token does not exist.

*What I need*

   1. a GitHub Secret named pypi_password , which contains a token which
   will allow me to upload to PyPI
   2. a GitHub Secret named test_pypi_password, which contains a token
   which will allow me to upload to test.pypi.org

Thanks.

--
Craig

--