[Twisted-Python] smb component progress

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 25 16:03:17 MST 2020

> On Sep 8, 2020, at 4:18 AM, Ian Haywood <ian at haywood.id.au> wrote:
>
> I have continued to work slowly on this project. Named pipes are supported, the samba client can connect and list available shares.
>
> i am currently working on a vfs layer using deferToThread to provide asynchronous file access
>
>  I have tried to keep the code divided into logically separate chunks . my first chunk received comments from glyph 2 months ago but has remained in the review queue since.
>
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9818
>
> is there anyone available to review this code to progress it ?

Hi Ian,

I am sorry I haven't really had any time in this crazy year we've been having to review this myself.

Judging by the growing length of https://twisted.reviews <https://twisted.reviews/>, the pandemic has not been friendly to most other Twisted reviewers' schedules either.

The whole point of folding this into Twisted was supposed to make it easier to find reviewers, but "easier" remains a relative statement :).

If anyone else out there has a few spare cycles to look at these PRs, they're all still in review, and it would be very cool to get a memory-safe SMB implementation out there, particularly if we could make it part of Twisted.

Thanks again for this enormously valuable contribution; I hope we can find a way to integrate it.

-g