[Twisted-Python] [RFC] Drop support for Python 3.5 sometime after May 2021?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Fri May 15 21:35:16 MDT 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:05 PM Amber Brown (hawkowl) <
hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> wrote:

> So, I guess if we have 3.8 support, the next release can announce the
> dropping of 3.5, and then the release after that can be the final one
> with support.

In trunk, on Python 3.8, all the tests in CI pass on Mac and Linux.
With Windows and Python 3.8, there are 6 errors due to AyncioReactorTests
failing:
https://dev.azure.com/twistedmatrix/twisted/_build/results?buildId=1771&view=logs&j=ea01aad7-d5f3-5f0e-2fda-71d72e596cac&t=f47a629b-ce24-5ee0-314a-24c887b72299&l=16071

most likely due to this: https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/9766

where in Python 3.8, the ProactorEventLoop was made the default on Windows.

So once this is fixed on Windows, I think we are pretty close to having
clean CI runs on Python 3.8 on all platforms.
--
Craig