[Twisted-Python] SMB server component for twisted

Ian Haywood ian at haywood.id.au
Fri May 8 01:39:07 MDT 2020

On 7/05/2020 5:48 pm, Glyph wrote:

> If you want to include it in Twisted itself, your best bet is to
> actually develop it /within/ twisted, as a series of small
> contributions, rather than as one gigantic one-shot one.
>  Contributions over, say, 400 lines, take exponentially longer to review.

Sounds great, I'll prepare a GitHub PR. Unfortunately the first one will
be ~2000 lines just to login and connect to a share, but after that each
new packet-type will be small.

Regarding unit-tests, I've found the best way to test the server is to
use reactor.spawnProcess to launch the Samba command-line client, but
that requires smbclient be available to run tests.

Ian