[Twisted-Python] mypy integrated with CI for twisted

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Tue Jun 23 06:34:55 MDT 2020

Hi Craig,

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 at 00:36, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org>
wrote:

> I have merged some more fixes for mypy to Twisted trunk branch.
>
> In trunk, you can run mypy with:
>
> *tox -e mypy*
>
> Currently this results in *171* errors, which is way down from >1000
> errors
> a month ago.
>
> In addition, if you look at any new PR's there is a *Mypy Ubuntu* job
> running on Azure pipeline, which runs mypy.  Right now errors from this job
> are ignored and does not block the PR.  However, if we can get the mypy
> errors down to zero, we can make mypy status a blocker for the PR.

Thanks for working on this.

Looking forward to have a real green mypy build.

A general question: Why Twisted used Azure Devops and not GitHub actions?

With Github Actions you can add a workload / pipeline with only GitHub
access. There is no need for extra Azure permissions.

I guess that with Github actions, if we run all the tests on
Linux/Windows/MacOS we will very soon run out of time :)

But maybe we can have the linters and other quick tests there.

---
Adi Roiban