[Twisted-Python] Changing supported configurations regarding Unicode handling on Windows

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Mon Jun 22 21:08:25 MDT 2020

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 12:08 AM Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> figure out a way to fix it after the immediate issue where folks with
> non-ascii letters in their names can't submit PRs.
>
> Thanks so much for investigating!

I worked with Michał Górny who helped me debug this.  When Michał submits
a PR from his account https://github.com/mgorny, in the Azure Pipeline,
the following environment variable gets set on the Windows builder running
in Azure:

BUILD_SOURCEVERSIONAUTHOR Michał Górny

The presence of this single environment variable caused all sorts of CI
failures.
Even if Michał submitted a trivial linespace change, the CI would fail due
to that environment variable.

I submitted this PR which fixes things:
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/1302

I was able to run that same patch under a PR created by Michał, and all the
CI passed.

--
Craig