[Twisted-Python] Management of PyPI maintainers (as related to qt5reactor)

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Thu Jul 30 08:33:51 MDT 2020

Following up on:
https://github.com/twisted/qt5reactor/issues/50#issuecomment-658432478

qt5reactor has recently been moved into the Twisted organization on
GitHub.  The intent is that being in an org will make it less likely
that existing maintainers disappear and the project is stranded with
nobody having the authority to pass it on to any new maintainers.  If we
happen to get more people interested in maintenance that's a bonus, but
it is not the reason for the move.

The question is, how should the Twisted organization manage PyPI access
for its projects?  Glyph mentioned there is a 1password account that
could be relevant.  I have not used 1password personally so I don't know
any details about how it would fit in here.  Twisted itself has six
maintainers listed on PyPI: exarkun, glyph, hawkowl, itamarst, jml, and
markrwilliams.

Any opinions?  1Password vs.
just-add-a-couple-maintainers-to-the-qt5reactor-pypi vs. ...?

Thanks for your consideration.

Cheers,
-kyle