[Twisted-Python] mypy now mandatory for Twisted pull requests

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 20 01:33:54 MDT 2020

> On Jul 17, 2020, at 1:08 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In the Twisted trunk branch, I have reduced the number of errors reported by mypy to zero!
> You verify this by running:
>
> tox -e mypy
>
> In addition, I have worked with Adi to enable CI for Twisted checkins so that mypy is
> run for each pull request.  Adi configured the GitHub repo to  require
> mypy to pass in order for a Twisted pull request to be merged.
>
> Thanks to Adi, Wilfredo, Tom, and Maarten for helping with various mypy-related code reviews!

This is amazing news!  Thanks so much to everybody working on this!

Presumably we still have tons of annotations that need to be added, and I would recommend that anyone interested file tickets against the https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/milestone/publish%20types <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/milestone/publish%20types> milestone so that we can track what's needed to get to the next phase of type adoption :).

-glyph